05 August, 2014

Ukrainians Burning Military Drafts - Cowardice Will Save the World!

Ukrainians are burning their military drafts, refusing to hand over their sons to the Ukraine's Ministry of Defense.  I salute this brave act of these brave and independent thinking people.  Only if the rest of the world was like this, the wars would become the thing of the past.
 
 
Another more recent video:

 

And if anyone needs further explanation of why this is a good thing, please watch a 1964 American comedy-drama war film “The Americanization of Emily
 
Here's one key excerpt to get you thinking: “That night, I sat in the jungles of Guadalcanal, waiting to be killed, sopping wet. Then I had my blinding revelation: I discovered I was a coward. That’s my new religion. I’m a coward. I’m a big believer in it. Cowardice will save the world.” … “We shall never end wars Mrs. Barum, by blaming it on ministers and generals, or warmongering imperialists, or all the other banal bogies. It's the rest of us who build statues to those generals and name boulevards after those ministers. The rest of us who make heroes of our dead and shrines of our battlefield.”

Read more of this interesting conversation from the movie here.

1 comment:

  1. More protest against mobilization in western Ukraine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We7Cy8YSPVU

    ReplyDelete